Panoramic View: Media Highlights of the Launch
Last week’s Thomson Reuters Panoramic launch has generated positive coverage from legal industry media and bloggers.
Journalists and influencers have shared their take on Panoramic following the media briefing and product demonstration Thomson Reuters hosted. Reporters have touted the impact Panoramic will have on lawyers’ overall workflow – particularly around pricing and billing – and focused on how the platform integrates the practice and business of law.
Richard Tromans of Artificial Lawyer raved: “Wow…this is an amazingly useful piece of kit that connects much of what is good about TR’s tech stack and makes it super easy for lawyers to use. Add into this things like Contract Express and other bits and bobs they offer, and one can see many lawyers just sticking with the TR platform and not bothering to go anywhere else. … To conclude: this looks to be a very significant move by TR and will no doubt have an impact.”
Steve Embry of TechLaw Crossroads focused on the platform’s impact on mid-sized firms, noting: “In essence, Panoramic potentially eliminates the need to reinvent the proverbial wheel problem that many firms – particularly midsize firms struggle with.”
Frank Ready of Law.com described how Panoramic could shape the legal profession: “The solution was designed to help firms to increase transparency and provide a more effective way to predict profitability, something that corporate clients are looking for as they aim to cut costs and do more with less.”
Industry influencers American Association of Law Libraries, Lawtomatic, PinHawk and Outsell also included reporting on the launch in their daily news alerts.
Panoramic also has been lighting up social media, with coverage from key influencers including Ron Friedmann, Jordan Furlong and Jean O’Grady as well as top legal outlets including ABA Journal, Legaltech news, Attorney at Work and Legal IT Insider, among others. Firms that are partnering with Thomson Reuters on the launch, including K&L Gates and LeClairRyan, are sharing their excitement on social media too.
Below are some of the highlights.
- Law.com: Thomson Reuters Releases New Workflow Solution Panoramic with Law Firm Input
- Artificial Lawyer: TR Launches Mega Platform ‘Panoramic’, Could Crush Several Startups
- ABA Journal: Thomson Reuters launches cloud-based tool ‘for lawyers by lawyers’ to assist firms in real time
- Dewey B Strategic: Thomson Reuters Panoramic: New Platform Integrates the Practice and Business of Law
- TechLaw Crossroads: Thomson Reuters Announces Panoramic: New Tools With the Mid-Size Law Firm In Mind
- Legal IT Insider: Well hello, Project X
- PinHawk Blog: Thomson Reuters Panoramic
- Law Librarian Blog: Thomson Reuters Launches Thomson Reuters Panoramic
- Legal IT Professionals: Thomson Reuters Announces Panoramic, A New Vision for the Way Law Firm Lawyers Work