On the Potomac: Recap of Elite’s User Conference in DC
It’s been a few weeks since Elite hosted its annual User Conference in Washington, DC at the Gaylord National Hotel. There was an energetic vibe this year as firms loaded up on educational sessions, viewed new products, and participated in the “We’re Listening @ Elite” activities including a live Twitter feed (see all the updates at #EliteUC). Additionally, almost all of the User Conference was captured in photos, click here to see the full gallery provided by Karl Rottmann, Elite’s Senior Director of Development.
Next year’s conference will be at the spectacular Aria Hotel in the heart of Las Vegas, and the same energy brought to this year’s conference looks to carry over to the 2012 event.
Having attended both the 2010 and 2011 User Conferences, I can say it is a complete priority for Elite that the conference is client-centric, educational, and fun. The User Conference was very well attended with more than 750 attendees from 15 different countries representing more than 200 firms. If you didn’t get a chance to attend, here are a few things you missed:
– Elite announced it is developing an iPad mobile application. Click here to see the article on Law.com.
– One of the best attended sessions was “3E for Enterprise Users”. The first session was standing room only, picked up on Twitter and went global before the 2 hour session ended. It was so popular that Elite added an encore presentation, a first in User Conference lore. The second session was standing room only as well.
– Elite’s new COO Cary Burch said “Old Rule: if you’re in business, you need to know what others say about you. New Rule: if you’re in business, you need to participate in the conversation.” This was an ever-present theme throughout the conference.
– The “We’re Listening @ Elite” campaign was an instant success and we should expect to see more initiatives like this in the future.
– IntApp and Elite extended their partnership. IntApp’s Time Builder is a software product that enables law firms to increase revenue by capturing billable time that is missed or under-billed. For more information, check out the full press release.
– It was announced that Cooley LLP went live on 3E. This is the largest firm in North America to date to implement 3E.
– From Moonlight by Monument tours to KC & the Sunshine Band’s performance… there are too many memorable moments to list them all. You can review the headlines at the Twitter feed#EliteUC
It’s not often easy for attendees to be away from work and family for 5 days and to travel from every continent, but it’s clear that the value of Elite’s User Conference hit the mark for everyone. Make sure to check out the pictures. We hope to see you next year in Las Vegas!