ILTACON 2023: Join Thomson Reuters to Redefine Legal Work with the Power of Generative AI
When ILTACON – the International Legal Technology Association’s annual conference – opens on Aug. 20, Thomson Reuters will join industry experts and the legal community in Orlando for peer-driven programs, educational content, and networking activities. The conference is an opportunity for attendees to collaborate on successful legal operation strategies for today’s transforming legal industry.
Thomson Reuters sessions will focus on redefining legal work with the power of generative AI. Below is a sneak peek of Thomson Reuters presenters at ILTACON. All times are Eastern.
- G100 State of the Legal Market Presentation at 10:45 a.m.: Mike Abbott, head of Thomson Reuters Institute, will share insights from the 2023 Report on the State of the Legal Market.
- Thomson Reuters Company Update at 11 a.m.: David Wong, chief product officer, and Paul Fischer, president, Legal Professionals, will provide key business updates including updates on integrating generative AI tools across the legal product suite, the collaboration with Microsoft, and the Casetext acquisition.
- API Solutions Showcase at 11 a.m.: Zorik Persochinsky, global account director, Large Law, will share how customers are using the Thomson Reuters Litigation Analytics API, with real-world examples from industry experts on how they leveraged APIs to drive business growth, improve operational efficiency, and foster innovation.
- G200 AI Panel – Generative AI for Legal Drafting at 2:45 p.m.: Wong will be among the panelists for this session.
- Pricing on Steroids: Value, Volume, Velocity at 11 a.m.: Brent Turner, director, Advisory Services, Thomson Reuters Institute, will lead a panel discussion on aspects of law firm pricing with a firm- and client-side view. They’ll cover staffing of matters, the technology around it, and data standardization and measurement, among other areas.
- Data Science and Machine Learning Applications, Contemporary Trends, and Practice at 3:30 p.m.: Julie Strachan Haiber, global client director, Global Large Law Firms, will showcase new developments in data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, with case studies of how these technologies are improving the accuracy and efficiency of legal operations.
- Upskill or Reskill IT Operations to Align with Changing Technologies at 2 p.m.: Zach Warren, manager, Enterprise Content, Thomson Reuters Institute, will moderate a session featuring legal IT leaders from small and large firms who have transformed their traditional departments into flourishing IT service organizations to help their firms solve business problems.
- What G100 and G200 Firms are Talking About at 9 a.m.: Neil Sternthal, general manager, Global Large Law, will moderate a panel discussion recapping earlier ILTACON sessions on generative AI in the legal market, change management, and security, among other topics.
In addition to the sessions, visit the Thomson Reuters booth, #2411, in the Atlantic Hall to learn more about where generative AI will take the legal industry. Watch Legal Current and follow us on Twitter for ILTACON updates throughout the conference.