Super Lawyers names 2013 Pro Bono Award recipients
Super Lawyers has announced the nine recipients of its third annual Pro Bono Awards. The awards honor legal professionals, students, firms and organizations that demonstrate excellence in the practice of law by offering volunteer legal services to the poor, disadvantaged, or exploited.
The 2013 Pro Bono Award recipients are:
- Michael P. Pasquale, McCarter & English, LLP, Newark, NJ
- Victor Schachter, Fenwick & West LLP, Mountain View, CA
- Morrison & Foerster LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Bodman PLC, Detroit, MI
- Penn State University, Dickinson School of Law, Children’s Advocacy Clinic, Carlisle, PA
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Law School Clinical Programs, Denver, CO
- Laura Diven, law student, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA
- Vanessa Stine, law student, Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, PA
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, San Diego, CA
“The practice of law is unique in that it is one of the few professions that maintains pro bono service as a core tenet,” said Julie Gleason, director of Research for Super Lawyers. “As we look at the inspiring work done by Michael P. Pasquale to protect healthcare for disabled soldiers and their families or to Laura Diven’s commitment to serve the legal needs of those afflicted with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles, we are reminded that equal access to justice is a cornerstone to the rule of law and a free society.”
Honorees are featured in the 2013 Pro Bono Super Lawyers Digital Magazine.
For more information about this year’s honorees, and to nominate an attorney or group for the 2014 Pro Bono Awards, visit SuperLawyers.com/ProBono.